Videos! Scroll to see more...

Thursday, December 11, 2008

HOME!!!!


We're home!!! After about 30 hours of traveling, we finally made it back home. Mia did pretty good on the plane; she slept a good bit. I had a really hard time sleeping though and I'm still pretty tired. Jet lag this time has been a bit tougher than I thought. I'm exhausted at night and then wake up all throughout the night. Mia's pretty much the same with her sleeping schedule. She has a nasty cough too.

It feels a bit weird to be home. Kind of like a dream. Here are some things that are odd to me: to be able to open my fridge and eat whatever I want. To see white eggs. To see milk in a jug. To be able to use the computer at any point during the day. To have a house phone. To have a tv and satellite and tivo. To hear a southern accent... and you guys have THICK accents... thicker than I remember! To sleep in such a huge bed. Not to live with like 30 other people. To take an amazing, hot shower anytime I want... and it doesn't flood the entire hallway when I shower! To finally experience winter at home.

Although I have so much to get used to, I'm so happy to be home. Of course I know I'll miss South Africa, and it'll always have a place in my heart, it just feels good to be back around my family and friends. I already miss my South African friends though.

Please continue to pray for my team as they're rockin it in Botswana. I'm so proud of them and I cannot wait to hear all the stories of what God's doing in and through them in Botswana. I'll keep yall posted on the stories too. Anyway, thank you so much for all of your support and prayers. I wouldn't have be able to do what I did if it wasn't for you guys. Thanks a ton!

(UPDATE: the pictures are of my team in Botswana)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Welcome home my friend!!! I'm happy you're enjoying so many of the things here at home. Hope to see you sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

I am happy that you made it home safe, Kristen. I know you were at church this past Sunday, but I couldn't spot you in the crowd. I keep you and Mia in my prayers all the time. Yes, keep us posted on what your team is doing. When are you going back?