Videos! Scroll to see more...

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

















Happy Thanksgiving! I absolutely cannot believe that it's Thanksgiving already. Well... we made it back from Worcester on Sunday. The trip back went okay... Mia didn't do as well as usual. Very tired and whiny 23 hour bus ride back to Durban, but we did survive. :)

Okay BIG BIG NEWS: With much prayer from the leadership on the base, I will not be going on outreach with my team to Botswana. The trip is a pioneer trip to a village in the desert and they think it'll be too much on Mia. Which means.... I'll be heading back to the US on December 8th!! So I'll be seeing you guys in about two weeks!!! Please keep my in your prayers as I'm getting ready to leave my team and fly home.

It feels good to be back in Durban. The weather isn't so great. Humid beyond anything I've felt in a long time. The humidity is possibly worse here than it was in Florida. Horribly humid. Very hot. Which means that laundry never gets dry (everything line dries). Literally as soon as you step out of the shower, you're already sweating. There's no where to go to escape the heat. Thank God it's slightly cooler inside... but not by much.

This week we're having training for next weeks OVC Camp (orphans and vulnerable children). Lots of information and even a bit of inner healing this week. It feels good to be more prepared to know how to handle potential situations to do with the kids we'll be spending time with next week at the camp. There will be 80 kids at the camp. The kids that are coming to the camp are the kids from Burlington (the township that we do ministry in), so we have relationships with some of them already.

Anyway, hope everyone's having an awesome Thanksgiving! I love you guys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristen, I am SOOO excited about you coming home for a bit. I know that you will miss Durban while you are away, but we will all be so glad to see you! I'm praying for you girl and your trip back to the US. Please don't be too shocked and disgusted when you get back by how all of us act, after everything God has taught you in the last year. Be patient with us and you could teach us all a lot. LOVE YOU! PS - You're missing Kylie's baptism by 1 day:(

Anonymous said...

I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT THANKSGIVING, KRISTEN. 23 HOURS IS TERRIBLY LONG FOR AN ADULT, JUST IMAGING POOR MIA. SHE SOUNDS LIKE A REAL TROOPER THOUGH. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU - WELL, I HOPE TO SEE YOU WHILE YOU ARE HOME. I KNOW YOUR FAMILY IS EXCITED TO SEE YOU BOTH. YOU ARE IN THE HEAT AND WE HAD SNOW FLURRIES TODAY. VERY COLD AND WINDY HERE. TAKE CARE AND I HOPE TO SEE YOU AND MIA SOON! LOVE, KATHY