Videos! Scroll to see more...

Monday, June 23, 2008

Back to class

Monday mornings are really exciting here in Jbay on the YWAM base. On Monday mornings the whole base gets together for worship. True Africa style, with lots of dancing. :) Most of the songs are in English and songs that we would sing at Foothills, so that's cool, but we also sing some African songs that are in Afrikaans. I think every African song that we sing has some sort of dance to it. It's really cool to see how free people are in worship here. And the guys that lead worship here on the base are really talented. I love it.

Today was my first day back to class since our two week break. It felt really good to be back in the class room. There's a joke in YWAM about the School of Biblical Studies. We have many hours a week that we sit in class listening to lectures, plus many hours sitting down doing charts and reading and doing homework. So, the SBS is also referred to as the Sore Butt School.

The beach here is so beautiful. And today it's finally nice and warm. No...not warm. It's HOT. I bet it's in the 80's today. I'm trying to add a few pictures of the ocean that were taken here in Jeffreys Bay. God is so creative.

Alright, I have some homework that I need to get back to. I am missing home like crazy. Keep Mia and me in your prayers. Tot siens!

1 comment:

Greg Oraham said...

Hi Kristen,
Glad things are going well in J-e miss you and Mia!