Videos! Scroll to see more...

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Freezing in June...

Wow. I can't believe I'm blogging. Hopefully it'll be easier for everyone back home to stay updated on what's happening with Mia and me here in South Africa.

I have to admit that I'm a little jealous that it's summer time back at home. It's extremely weird to be half way through June and freezing COLD. Winter...in June? Strange. Last week the weather was gorgeous though. Mia and I spent almost every day last week at the beach looking for shells. Which is, of course, her favorite new found hobby. Every morning she wakes up and asks to go to the beach to find shells.

Mia is growing like a little weed though. It's nice to finally be able to carry on a conversation with her. She actually responds to me! It's great. Although at times I haven't the slightest clue what she's talking about because she's been making up her own words. She hears so many people around her speaking Afrikaans so I think she tries to copy them and it comes out as total gibberish sometimes.

At the moment there's not a whole lot happening. I start class again on Monday. I've had a great little two week break from classes, and I'm actually ready to get back into the swing of things and dig into God's Word more. It's really been great to stop and catch my breath though. Well I guess that's all for now. Tot siens!

No comments: