Videos! Scroll to see more...

Monday, June 30, 2008

6 months later...













As of today, I've been in South Africa for 6 months! That's half a year! Time really does fly. God's been shaping me so much and developing certain characteristics in me. I know I've changed a lot. God's taught me a lot of lessons...some of which I've been learning the hard way. I've learned to live without. I've learned to adapt. I've learned to rely on God...for everything. I've learned to manage my time. I've learned that it's better to be obedient than to screw up and have to ask for forgiveness. Of course the Lord forgives us, but there are still consequences. I've learned how incredible God's grace and forgiveness are. I've learned what it means to show Christ's love to people. I've seen many, many salvations. I've realized that no matter where we are in the world, no matter what color out skin is, no matter what language we speak, as followers of Christ, we all serve the same awesome God, and we're all one body.

I've met people who've changed my life; who've made me a better person, people that I'll never be able to forget. I've had the incredible privilege of living half way across the world in the most beautiful place I've ever been to. I've learned how to live in a house with 12 other people (and didn't completely lose my mind!). I've learned to really speak up for myself and what's right. I've seen joy in the poorest people and realized for myself that the enemy cannot steal our joy. I've seen poverty like I'd never imagined, and I refuse to sit back and do nothing. I can't turn my head anymore. I cannot deny that people are literally starving to death. I've realized what a huge blessing it is to have an amazing, supportive family, and to have a wonderful a bunch of friends that support you and pray for you. So...Thank you SO SO SO much for all your prayers and support. I CANNOT WAIT to see where God brings me in the next 6 months! I love and miss you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristen,

Your words are such an inspiration! I'm so pumped to see how God is working in your life!! You and Mia are in our prayers.

In Christ,
Dale Butts