Videos! Scroll to see more...

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

And another busy week is coming to an end. Each week I find myself more and more blown away by God. We just finished 3 more books... 2 Corinthians, and 1 and 2 Timothy. Something that really stood out to me in 2 Timothy is Paul's commitment to the gospel. So many people were abandoning him and turning their backs on God, but in spite of severe suffering and persecution, Paul sticks with Jesus. He doesn't give up. Paul was dedicated. And the amazing thing is, Paul was previously the one who was persecuting Christians. God is in the business of restoring lives and truly making us a new creation.

God has done absolutely incredible things in my life and has taken me from my old life, to this new life... I'm a 21 year old missionary in South Africa studying the Word of God. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd be doing what I'm doing now. Never. But God dreamed it. He had a purpose for me that I knew nothing about, but now I truly believe I'm living out my purpose. I want to play a role in the discipleship of others. So many people have poured into me, and discipled me (we never spiritually "arrive"...discipleship is a process that lasts our entire lives) and I am excited to play that role in other people's lives. I love intercession; communicating with God is such an important and beautiful thing. I love missions. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I wanna reach out to the lost. I wanna share my story with them and hear theirs. I want to see people fall completely in love with God. I wanna tear down strongholds in people's lives in the name of Jesus. I wanna see people live radical lives for Christ. I am so excited to be where I am right now. I'm really blessed. I have a really incredible opportunity that I'll write more about in my next blog. Just know that it's something I'm very excited about and I've put TONS of prayer into. I'll write more about it later on in the week though.

Anyway, I love and miss you guys. Hope you have a wonderful rest of the weekend.

3 comments:

Jill said...

You so make me smile just reading your words. So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

GIRL, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. I JUST FOUND YOUR BLOG FROM THE FOOTHILLS WEB PAGE. I WILL START KEEPING UP WITH YOU NOW. HOW IS MIA? WHAT IS SHE DOING NOW? JAKOB JUST TURNED 3. WE ARE LEARNING TO USE THE POTTY NOW. HE IS DOING WELL. JUST A LITTLE JOY TO ME. JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO. I AM PROUD OF YOU AND YOUR WILLINGNESS TO FOLLOW GOD'S PATH FOR YOUR LIFE. MISS YOU, KATHY JORDAN

Anonymous said...

KRISTEN..I JUST FOUND YOUR BLOG OFF OF THE FOOTHILLS WEB PAGE. YOU ARE AMAZING AND I AM SO PROUD THAT YOU ARE FOLLOWING GOD'S PATH FOR YOUR LIFE. READING YOUR BLOG BRINGS A SMILE TO MY FACE AND TEARS TO MY EYES. I WILL KEEP READING AND PRAYING DAILY FOR YOU AND MIA. I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR PURPOSE FOR GOD AND HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO ACTUALLY MAKE IT HAPPEN. LOVE MISS SEEING YOU. KATHY