Videos! Scroll to see more...

Sunday, August 24, 2008

And the countdown is on!

WOW. I really wanted to post a blog last week but time got away from me. I'm leaving for Durban on Thursday. I've been getting all of my stuff packed up and sorted. I didn't realize how much work packing would be. I don't think it has completely hit me yet that I'm leaving Jbay and that I wont be living with my roommate anymore. I've gotten a little attached to this town (and of course some of the people here). It'll be strange not living in Jeffreys anymore. Man... 4 MORE DAYS!

This weekend I went with some to stay with a friend in his home town (Mossel Bay- which is a 4 hour drive up the coast) for his 21st birthday and his grandmother's 80th birthday. I had a really great time. It's hard to fully experience the coloured South African culture while being here in YWAM, but being in Mossel Bay this weekend was the full on experience. I don't think I've ever heard more Afrikaans in my life. Thank God I've picked up a little Afrikaans and could get the gist of what was going on in the conversations. But I felt like I was at home again... my friend's family really welcomed me into their home. And they had CABLE! :) It was one of the first times I've watched cable since I've been in South Africa. The view was incredible. I could stand on the patio and see the ocean and the mountains. It was absolutely beautiful.

Anyway, I'm tired after the bus ride. Have a great week you guys. I love and miss you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND MIA IN DURBAN. YOU BOTH ARE IN MY PRAYERS. I HAVE ENJOYED READING YOUR BLOG AND KEEPING UP WITH WHAT YOU ARE DOING FOR GOD. YOU WILL DEFINITELY MAKE A DIFFERENCE, GIRL. I AM HAPPY FOR YOU AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

LOVE, KATHY