Videos! Scroll to see more...

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Staff Conference



This week has been great. We had lectures on hearing God's voice. Life is hectic but wonderful. I've now taken on the task of kitchen manager...which means that at YWAM Durban we're eating AMERICAN food! Between my students, Mia and the kitchen, life stays busy.

Its been really rainy this week. Spring/ the rainy season just started. The climate is similar to Florida. Mia's adapted to Durban. She fits in great here. There's another family that lives on base. They're from Zimbabwe and they have two kids: Deborah and Genius. Mia loves to play with them. They run all over the base exploring. The base is gated and fenced in, which is really nice.


I'm leaving tonight for a week long staff conference. I think all of YWAM Southern Africa will be there. It's right around Kruger National Park. It's a pretty long trip by bus though; about 12 hours (16 with my layover in Johannesburg). I'm really excited about the conference. Most of the staff from this base are going. I don't know if I'll have internet access next week while I'm at the conference.


Anyway, have an awesome weekend. I'll talk to you next week. I love and miss you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE CONFERENCE. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND THAT MIA IS ADJUSTING SO WELL. IT IS GREAT THAT THE BASE IS GATED SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MIA AND THE OTHER KIDS GETTING TOO FAR AWAY. HAVE A SAFE TRIP TO THE CONFERENCE.

LOVE, KATHY & JAKOB