Videos! Scroll to see more...

Thursday, October 9, 2008

home sweet home

We made it back from the staff conference on Saturday night. We were supposed to come back Thursday night but a couple of us from Durban got extremely sick and couldn't make the 17 hour trip until Saturday. There were approximately 300 people at the YWAM Kruger base last week for the conference. (70 were children.) More than half of us got a stomach bug. It was horrible. Mia and I both had the stomach bug.

Other than being sick, the conference was amazing. It was a lot of fun to be around so many other people who are passionate about Southern Africa and working hard to see God's Kingdom come here. It was an awesome time of fellowship and hearing God. It was good to get away from Durban for a week and have bonding time with the staff from the other bases.

The bus ride was about 17 hours, including a 5 hour layover in Johannesburg. Even though the bus ride was incredibly long, it was beautiful. The mountains in north east South Africa are so different from the mountains in Cape Town and even Durban. Every place I've been to in South Africa looks so different, however it's all different kinds of beautiful. I love the scenery.


This week is busy. YWAM Durban is hosting a conference: God's Heart for the Nations. Last night was our largest crowd so far. We're celebrating our nations and cultures and worshiping God. At the conference, there were about 15 nations represented. Also, as we all come together to worship God we're crying out for the nations who haven't heard the gospel and for the nations where Christians are most persecuted. This week has been an amazing time of celebrating and worshiping together.

My birthday is on Saturday! I'm really excited to be turning 22 in South Africa. My students and my friend (who's the school leader) are taking me out to dinner and to the beach for my birthday. I've only been to the beach twice since I've been in Durban, so I'm really looking forward to spending the day there.

Anyway, I have to get back to work. I love and miss you guys!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday! Can't wait to see some pictures!

Anonymous said...

Where does the time go? My baby girl is turning 22. Happy Birthday to you!!! I love you and miss you and Mia tremendously. Love, Mom/Nonnie