Videos! Scroll to see more...

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!



Yesterday was a really special birthday. The beach didn't work out, but we went to "Pavillion" which is a mall. I got to walk around a really nice mall and look around. We went to lunch at Mugg and Bean and watched a game of rugby. We saw a movie, which turned out to be slightly retarded, but it was a relaxing day. Away from the base, away from cooking...just away...

I love weekends. I love being able to sleep in, and by sleep in I mean sleep until 7:30. Mia doesn't understand the concept of sleeping in. During the week my days start at around 6, but on the weekends, that extra hour and a half feels fantastic. I still have obligations and cooking and one on ones...but on the weekends, life slows down just a bit and it's nice.

Today I had a great chat with my students (well with my girls). I feel so blessed to be a part of their lives. They're a really good group of girls. It was good to relax and have some girl talk. A couple hours with no boys, just the 5 of us girls was awesome.

Anyway, I hope everyone's having a fantastic weekend. I love you and miss you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that you had a great birthday. Getting away is always a good thing, especially with a good friend. You are awesome, Kristen. I am so proud of you and what you are doing for God. Foothills is awesome..we are growing by leaps and bounds. It is amazing what God is doing here at home too!! Love ya Girl, Kathy Jordan