Videos! Scroll to see more...

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What the heck is LOVE??

This week seems to be a little more challenging for me for a variety of reasons. I think that so many of my weaknesses have been highlighted in the past few days but that's actually not a bad thing. When I realize my weaknesses, I can work on them, but at times when you're realizing your weaknesses, it's incredibly lonely and painful. Also I think also a contributing factor is that I really feel a bit homesick this week. I'm missing home. I miss my family and friends tremendously. However, I personally love change. I'm not scared or intimidated by change... but it IS hard to pack up and move on... to leave best friends behind and just start over. I'm growing so so much during this time though. I know I am. I can feel it.

Our topic this week is relationships. We have an awesome speaker. She's on staff with YWAM Muizenberg and she's originally from Washington state. It's cool to have an American speaker too. Anyway, her and her husband work with the School of Biblical Studies at the YWAM base in Muizenberg. So far this week, we've been talking a lot about grace and love. I've loved her lectures so far and I'm looking forward to what she has to share with us for the rest of this week. She gave us a little class time assignment today. She wanted us to define love... to be creative and write something. Here's what I wrote:
change the world Pictures, Images and Photos
Love is patient with a tired, whiny two year old... even at 3 am. Love is kind to every person it comes in contact with... including the people who are the most undeserving. It's not envious of others' successes nor does it boast in its own. It is not arrogant about its cultures or convictions. It does not insist on its own way, even when its own way is right. It's not irrational towards other or resentful of the people who've taken advantage of it in the past. it does not rejoice in conflict, strife, gossip, or failures, but rejoices in peace, unity, humility and prosperity. It bears through homesickness, discouragement and loneliness. It believes in truth and always stands for the truth... no matter what consequences may come of it. It has hope in all people... even the ones who've let it down the most. Love endures through pain and hardships. Love is selfless and sacrificial at ALL times, to ALL people.

Well that's it for now. I love you guys. Please keep me in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! I forgot that you had an October birthday. Nathan & Nicholas just turned 9 & 7a couple of days ago!
Praying for you,
Dale Butts