Videos! Scroll to see more...

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Experiencing God in a Freezing Cold Coffee Lounge

Last night, Somer and I decided to step out of our comfort zones a little bit and went to a new church with about 25 other college aged kids that we did not know. Thank God I did, because I experienced God in that crowded, freezing cold room so deeply that I can honestly say that God shook me to my core.

His presence was more real in that room than I've experience in quite some time. His love was so incredibly thick and tangible that the only way I know how to explain it is that the power of His perfect love felt like there was a heaviness in my lungs. Everything in me was just completely focused on Christ... encompassed by His love.

It was a beautiful, monumental sight to see young people step up and wait on God and be 100% led by His Spirit. Not playing songs that they felt would have an impact, not saying words that they felt would impress... solely relying on the Holy Spirit to lead the entire night. There was intense intercession and prayer that I've NEVER seen in a church.

And the PEOPLE... there was a sincerity and a realness in them that I've been perpetually longing to see. These people were there to fellowship with the creator of the universe. They were desperate to know Jesus intimately. And in that place, you couldn't help but be sucked into the presence of God and be broken before Him. To worship God, totally uninhibited. I have been praying for while that I'd feel a sense of belonging and peace and that I'd be able to meet followers of Christ with hearts like mine. I've been begging God for Christian friends. I've been pleading with God for the connection that I felt last night.


God is faithful and He is good. Not just sometimes good, or sometimes faithful... ALWAYS. I am so grateful for these young Christians who are on fire for God and who want to impact the world for Him. I feel like I have a new respect for my generation.


Last night this song played over and over in my head. I could not get this song out of my mind. And when I woke up this morning it was still there...


"Your love is extravagant" -Casting Crowns

Your love is extravagant
Your friendship, it is intimate
I feel I'm moving to the rhythm of Your grace
Your fragrance is intoxicating in the secret place
Cause Your love is extravagant

Chorus:
Spread wide in the arms of Christ there's a love that covers sin
No greater love have I ever known; You considered me a friend
Capture my heart again

Your love is extravagant
Your friendship, it is intimate
I feel I'm moving to the rhythm of Your grace
Your fragrance is intoxicating in the secret place
Your love is extravagant

Spread wide in the arms of Christ there's a love that covers sin
No greater love have I ever known; You considered me a friend
Spread wide in the arms of Christ there's a love that covers sin
No greater love have I ever known; You considered me a friend
Capture my heart again

Your love is extravagant
Your friendship, it is intimate

1 comment:

Somer said...

Wow--SO TRUE! I love this song...maybe you can ask austin to sing this next time, if led so. I love you girl and it was great to experience this w/ you.