Videos! Scroll to see more...

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pep Rally for the Soul

God is absolutely messing up my life... and it's FABULOUS. I feel like I have a been to a pep rally for my soul. Something in me feels different... stronger, more excited. I feel like I've fallen in love again.

Last night God blew my mind at the house church that Somer and I started going to. Music helps me feel connected to God's heart. Music puts me in a place of focus and reverence. Last night as we sang "Fire Fall Down", I saw God move so mightily in that room. As we sang praises to our God, I looked around the room and saw people crying, dancing, praying, SHOUTING, and laughing... It's just that when you encounter the Spirit of God there's a feeling a joy and freedom that is incomprehensible. There's a feeling of love and gratitude that is mystifying. And that's how I felt. The words that kept playing over and over in my mind were JOY and FREEDOM.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom)." 2 Corinthians 3:17


" 43Everyone was amazed by the many miracles and wonders that the apostles worked. 44All the Lord's followers often met together, and they shared everything they had. 45They would sell their property and possessions and give the money to whoever needed it. 46Day after day they met together in the temple. They broke bread together in different homes and shared their food happily and freely, 47while praising God. Everyone liked them, and each day the Lord added to their group others who were being saved. " Acts 2:43-47

This is something that we talked about at church last night, and to me, this is one of the most inspiring, beautiful passages of scripture I've ever read. What would this world look like if we, as Christians, modeled our behavior after the early church?? They saw miracles, they shared EVERYTHING they had, they had fellowship together, they praised God, everyone liked them and EACH DAY they saw people's come to know Jesus. To them, it wasn't just a "Sunday" thing. This was their life, day after day. Desperate to see His kingdom come on the earth. This leaves me in complete awe.


These are the lyrics to "Fire Fall Down". It's song #1 on my play list. Listen to the lyrics. Read the lyrics. What would it look like if we meant the words to this song? "These hands are yours, teach them to serve where you please " "Your fire fall down on us, we pray" "show me your heart" "show me your way" "show me your glory"


"Fire Fall Down" -Hillsong United
Cause I know that you're alive
You came to fix my broken life
And I'll sing to glorify
Your Holy name, Jesus Christ

You bought my life with the blood
That you shed on the cross
When you died for the sins of men
And you let out a cry, crucified
Now alive in me

These hands are yours
Teach them to serve
As you please and I'll reach out
Desperate to see all the greatness of God
May my soul rest assured in you

I'll never be the same
No I'll never be the same
Cause I know that you're alive
You came to fix my broken life
And I'll sing to glorify
Your Holy name, Jesus Christ

You've changed it all
You broke down the wall
When I spoke and confessed
In you I am blessed
Now I walk in the light
In victorious sight of you

Fire fall down
Fire fall down
On us we pray
As we seek
Fire fall down
Your fire fall down
On us we pray

Show me your heart
Show me your way
Show me your glory

No comments: