Videos! Scroll to see more...

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wednesday intercession

I have internet in my house! I cannot even begin to tell you how happy that makes me. No more walking into town in the cold to go to the internet cafe. They close at 7 pm my time, which is only 1 pm back home... really inconvenient when trying to skype. But now I can skype home or check my email when ever I want! Okay, I'm pretty much ecstatic right now. :)

Here on the YWAM base, Wednesdays are really special. As an entire base, we fast lunch and during lunch time (1-2) we intercede for the township. Also we have a short time of worship. Some Wednesdays we do evangelism as well. The money that would have gone towards Wednesday's lunch is put into a special fund for orphans and widows. At the end of the month the base gets all the money together and buys them food. It's a really cool way to relate to people in the township. Every Wednesday at lunch time, when we're all really hungry, we know how thousands of people in the township feel every day.

In the School of Biblical Studies, the only Americans are Mia, my friend Christina (Christina and I were in DTS together back in Orlando), and me. Which basically means that Christina and I were a little bummed that we're going to be missing out on the 4th of July celebrations. Obviously South Africans don't celebrate our independence day... UNTIL NOW! Christina and I are planning a 4th of July party. We wanna show South Africa how we celebrate. I mean, the whole shabang. Fireworks, chicken, ribs, hamburgers, potato salad... well you get the picture. Sooo if any of you guys have any great recipes that you'd like to share, Christina and I would more than appreciate it.

Okay I have to get going. Time for prayer on the base. I love and miss you guys! Tot siens!

No comments: