Videos! Scroll to see more...

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Completely Desperate

This week we've had the most beautiful weather! Literally perfect weather. Almost every moment we're not in class I'm down at the beach doing homework there. Well almost every moment. Today I was studying and listening to some great worship music and watching the waves. The beach is beautiful and kind of rocky. Off in the distance are gorgeous mountains. It's days like today when I realize just how blessed I am. Man, it was a beautiful day.

This is a really busy week. Monday- Wednesday we're studying Colossians. Also on Wednesday we have an exam and an intro to New Testament Greek. Thursday-Saturday we're studying 1 and 2 Thessalonians. So this week will be another crazy week.

Yesterday, after morning lectures, as a class we went to the beach for to do a practical application. Our teacher asked us to write or create something that showed where we're at presently in our relationship with God. Me, being the incredibly creative person that I am, wrote in the sand. :) Everyone else was making cool things out of sand and shells and wood, but not me. I can write...that's about as creative as it gets. Anyway, what God's stirring in my heart right now is really hard to put into words. I'm more desperate for God than I've ever been in my life. I'm starving for something that only God can fill me with. I'm so glad that God's taken me this far, but I wanna go farther. I wanna go deeper. I want incredibly intimate times with God. I think He can always take us deeper. I wanna experience who God is on a daily basis and be changed daily because of how great God is. This is what I wrote in the sand: Desperate. In love. Hungry. Never satisfied. Deeper. I AM... a fire starter. I AM a world changer. I AM a crazy, 21 year old missionary and I will make a difference.

Have a great week guys. I love and miss you tons. Good night.

2 comments:

Jill said...

So proud of you Kristen!

Anonymous said...

KRISTEN, SINCE I JUST FOUND YOUR BLOG, I AM RESPONDING TO AN OLDER ONE. WOW, GIRL...CANNOT SAY HOW PROUD I AM OF YOU. YOU ARE A CRAZY 21 YEAR OLD, ON FIRE FOR GOD AND I KNOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE. WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS AMAZING. YOU BRING SMILES TO MY FACE AND TEARS TO MY EYES WHEN I READ YOUR BLOG.

LOVE, KATHY JORDAN