Videos! Scroll to see more...

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We're all only human

The more I read the Bible, the more I realize that I really don't have it all figured out. The more I try to comprehend about the Lord, the more complex and mind blowing I find him.The more I dig and search the Word with my heart and mind, the more I fall in love with it. I have absolutely no problem admitting that there's so much that I just don't understand, but it's okay! I don't need to know every answer. We never will figure it all out. That's the great thing about God; He's so bigger than what we think He is.

It seems like every week, (we study a new book of the Bible each week) I think, "Okay this one's my favorite". The Bible gets better and better. This week we're studying Luke. We have a gifted speaker who has an awesome understand of the Word. So as of this week, Luke is my new favorite book. And can I just say that the disciples give me hope as a believer. I mean really, some of the things that they say remind me that they're only human, just like all of us. They make mistakes. They open their mouths and say dumb things when they should just be quiet.

For example, Peter, in Mark 8:31-33. Jesus is telling the disciples that he's going to suffer and be killed. But Peter pulls him aside and rebukes Jesus. But Jesus turns around and rebukes Peter and actually says to him "Get behind me Satan". Oh Peter... not too wise.

Or how about John and James in Luke 9:51-55? Jesus and his disciples are heading to Samaria but the people there do not receive Jesus. So James and John say to Jesus, "Do you want us to commant fire to come down from heaven and consume them?" Seriously guys? Did you two just say that?? And Jesus rebuked them.

Now please understand; I'm not trying to knock the disciples, I'm just saying that I'm thankful that their humanity is shown through out the Bible. It reminds me that as followers of Christ we're all on this journey together and none of us have "arrived". We all mess up from time to time.

Mia and I have horrible colds right now. The problem with community living is that when one person gets sick, we all get sick. 12 people in one house, breathing on each other, passing germs around doesn't make for a good combination. There are quite a few people in the house with colds. Please remember us in your prayers. This cold is taking all our energy away. There has been so much sickness, and problems with people's visas and stuff like that. Satan knows that we're all growing and learning a lot from SBS and he is trying to stop us any way he thinks he can.

Okay, I have tons of homework to get back to. I am so interested in hearing what's happening in your lives and what God's teaching you right now. Also if there's anything you'd like me to be praying about, please send me an email and let me know. I pray for you guys often and miss you all! Tot siens.

No comments: