Videos! Scroll to see more...

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

contentment. babies. bear grylls.

Alright...

Right now, I'm learning to be content. I'm learning to thank God for where He has brought me NOW... today. But that doesn't mean that I need to be sitting on my bum waiting for something to fall out of the sky for my next "step" in life. I dunno... I've been praying and applying and although I have more of a sense of peace in my heart, not much physically has changed. I still have no definite options. I still have no green light. I still have no clear direction. But I'm grateful for today. I'm grateful that I have this time with my family and friends because I'll never get THIS time back. I'm learning more and more about what it means to trust God to provide for me and give me clarity. I think I've been focusing too much on the negative things and not enough on the positive.

ALSO, I'm learning about forgiveness. Something somewhat mortifying happened to me this week. I felt really responsible for the painful ending of a relationship and I felt like I owed this person an apology and a slight explanation. Am I the only person in the world that finds saying the words "I'm sorry" excruciating?? Man, that's the pride in me. It's so hard for me to admit when I'm wrong and apologize... but I DID IT! And I feel so much better. Although I felt embarrassed and a little lame for having to do it, I feel a lot more relief now. I feel like I can finally get closure from that chapter in my life.

It seems like everyone I know is having babies or getting married. Is it something in the air?? I sure hope not... :) I can't believe it. But it seems like that's how it usually goes. When one person gets pregnant, EVERYONE else does too.

My grandparents are here for the day. They're heading back home (Virginia) from Florida. They got here late last night and are leaving early tomorrow morning. It's good to see them though.



Alright, let's talk music....

I have a literal obsession with City and Colour thanks to my friend Nick. Dallas Green is the lead singer and he's a GENIUS! Check them out... I actually have a few songs on my little music player thingy. Check out songs # 4, 23, 33, 58, 59 and 66. You won't be disappointed and if you are... then you have no taste in music. (KIDDING!)



Now movies....

Well I saw "He's just not that into you" with my small group girls on Friday. I really liked it. Parts were slightly depressing... but an overall good movie.

Also, I saw the movie "Taken" like 3 months ago while in South Africa and really liked it... now I saw a preview for it and realized that it just came out here! Weird. Good movie.



And finally TV Shows...

I'm 100% in love with Man vs Wild! Bear Grylls... there are no words... what a beautiful man. haha. Anyway, YES!... I totally have a crush on a man who eats bugs and drinks blood as his career. Go figure.

I haven't missed one episode of "The Bachelor" this season either. A little embarrassing to admit, but I really like that show! My favorite girl is Melissa. Hope she wins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, girl..that is all we can do...is be grateful for the day that we have. My dad always said, "This is the day that the Lord has made..Let's be glad and rejoice in it". It is hard sometimes when we pray for things and it is not made clear to us. Very hard, but I know God has a plan for all of us and it is done in His time, not ours.

I want to see "He's just not that into you", but I haven't yet.

I LOVE THE BACHELOR!!! I like Melissa and I like Jillian, but I think DeAnna is showing up in New Zealand next week...I have heard there were going to be some twists this year...What if he chooses DeAnna??? I liked her and I could not believe she chose Jessie over Jason last season. I am a reality TV Freak...Suvivor, Amazing Race, Bachelor..Love them all.

kmjakobjordan@yahoo.com

Love, Kathy