Videos! Scroll to see more...

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hope in a Pick-up Truck.

I've wanted to post something for the past 2 days. I have been searching for the right words though. I'm not too sure that I found them, but I'll give it a try...

I am so grateful how God blesses my heart in the most unique, beautiful way. Everything you're about to read is true...

There's someone in my life that I love... a lot. The problem is that his drug addiction has held him prisoner in his own body for many years. He's young... not quite 30. I have personally seen God miraculously intervene and save his life repeatedly. I believe with complete confidence that God has an enormous plan for this his life. I know it. I've been trusting God for a breakthrough in his life for a really long time now. And praise God, I believe it happened a couple days ago...

This person missed his bus for a very important job interview. Because he missed his bus, he would have to walk 8 miles to the interview and he had only an hour or so. Let's put two and two together... impossible. Half a mile into this man's walk to get to his interview, a random truck honks his horn. He keeps walking, not recognizing the truck. One mile later, the truck pulls next to him and a man inside says to my friend: "Hey there. Do you need something? Can I help you with something?" My friend, surprised, says "Well, yes sir. I missed my bus... I'm trying to make it to my interview. I'm not sure that I'm going to make it. Could you maybe take me to the bus stop in town?" This random stranger says to my friend, "Actually I can take you all the way to your interview. Hop in." This stranger explains to my friend that God told him to stop. He was the guy that had honked a mile back. God told him to ask my friend if he needed anything. This stranger talked me my friend about Jesus... he didn't PREACH about Jesus, he just talked nonchalantly. This stranger encouraged my friend. And my friend was deeply touched, because a random man was completely obedient to God. This stranger's act of kindness and his words were EXACTLY what my friend needed, and God knew that.

This friend came over a few days ago and shared his heart with me and that story. He said that when the bus passed by, such an anger stirred up in his heart and he got so angry at God... he told God that he was truly TRYING to turn his life around and now his chance at a job was lost when that bus drove by. But God, with his perfect knowledge, decided to bless this random stranger and my dear friend. This simple act of kindness was exactly what my friend needed to give him some hope... hope in God, and hope in the humanity of others. These were my friend's exact words, "Kristen, it was like he was an angel. He was my angel God sent to help me." He then went on to tell me that he is truly making an effort to break free from this addiction. He told me that one day he wants to see God use him to minister to other people struggling with addiction. I'm trusting God to see that happen. I believe that my God is bigger than any addiction.

How often are we obedient to God when He asks us to do things that do not make sense? How often do we ignore God when he tells us to show love to others. I've posted before about showing the love of Christ, and that's exactly what that stranger did. I bet my friend will remember that man for a long, long time to come. What a good reflection of Jesus! So I want to truly encourage you to be obedient to however God tells you to love someone (even if that "someone" is a stranger walking along the side of the road). Be attentive and obedient to God.

So, who ever you are, you stranger in a brown dodge... THANK YOU. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have no idea the impact that you've made. Thank you so much for your obedience. God bless you. Seriously.

Oh, and by the way, my friend DID get the job! God's so rad.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Kristen...such an awesome story of someone act as Jesus did...such a blessing for not only your friend but others that might be in a similar situation. I do hope that he is able to lean on God through this difficult situation...he can do it with His help.

Anonymous said...

hey kristen.... im glad u posted this story. i hope ur friend can stay focused on God's plan and keep moving forward. awesome!!

Adam D.