Videos! Scroll to see more...

Sunday, February 1, 2009

fear of birds and more...

I'm a slacker! I cannot believe how this week has slipped by. I so upset that I've waited until now to write a blog, but it is what it is.

So we made it home this past Monday after a short one and a half hour plane ride. I will say however, that I was so stinking scared to fly with all this bird drama. I was just picturing myself crashing to my death because of some birds. It was the first time I've been anxious about flying... ever. But I obviously survived. Thank God.

On Friday, Mia and I spent the day in Greenville with a good friend of mine and her little baby boy. Mia was fascinated with the baby. It was nice to go and do a little shopping (unfortunately it was kind of unsuccessful for me) and enjoy some killer Mexican food at Don Pablo's.

Our family celebrated my brother, Rick's 29th birthday on Friday night. His birthday was actually yesterday though. We had dinner at Copper River ALL TOGETHER, which was pretty cool. It's not often that we're all together.

On a grosser note, Mia was throwing up all throughout the night. Vomit is the hardest thing for me to deal with. It makes me nauseous to think about it let alone clean it up. However last night was kind of different. Although it sucked cleaning it up all 10 times she threw up, my heart went out to her. It sucks to be sick. She was so pitiful. We just kept praying together and cuddling. To my surprise she was upset and a little emotional and angry at the fact that she threw up on her pj's. Poor thing. She's still throwing up today.

This week I've been looking at colleges and missions organizations and putting in some applications. I feel good about one in particular but I don't want to give details about anything until I get more clarity and hear back about my applications. Just please be praying that this next step works out how it's supposed to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you made it home safely. Happy Birthday to Rick - the big
"29". I am sorry that Mia is sick. That is gross and pitiful when they are sick and throwing up. Jakob has this nasty projectile thing going on when he gets sick..it goes everywhere!! Good luck on your applications. Hope Mia feels better soon and I hope most that it doesn't get passed around!!! Love, Kathy