Videos! Scroll to see more...

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Relaxin' in Virginia

The date on that last post isn't right... I don't know why the date is messed up but anyway... I'm in Virginia freezing my butt off until January 9th. I came up here with my parents, Cole and Mia on Sunday. My parents and Cole left on Wednesday and I'm staying here and spending some time with my grandparents and relaxing. This is a TINY little town that I'm in. Other than a Food Lion down the road, the closest store is like 15 minutes away! Today was cold and rainy... I was really hoping to see snow, but it didn't happen. Cold weather is not pleasant when it's rainy and windy. Not to mention that Cole gave me his germs and now I'm coming down with a cold. This weather does nothing to help that. But other than being cold and getting my brother's germs, I'm doing wonderful. It's so so so good to see my grandparents and spend some time with them and get some much needed rest.

Mia seems especially old lately. I dunno she really seems to have grown up, even in the few weeks that we've been back home. She talks about as much as a 4 year old. Wonder where she gets that from?... She seems to be having a great time with my grandparents here in Virginia. She's not too keen on the cold weather though. Mia has an incredible memory; she's been telling stories of things she did in Durban and Jeffrey's Bay. She tells stories about things she's done or seen and she is constantly talking about her South African friends (or my friends rather). Almost every day she asks me "Mommy where is ____" and she'll ask a different person almost every day. But before I can answer her questions, she answers it herself like this: "OH! I know where _____ is! He's in Jbay!" Literally every day she talks about Christina (my best friend and roommate from Jeffrey's Bay). She talks about how we're all best friends and she informs me that Christina now lives in Michigan. :)
Anyway, other than relaxing and freezing, nothing much is going on. Man it feels good to say that! It's a good feeling knowing that I have absolutely no plans for a week... Hope y'all had a great Christmas and New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristen, I love your blog even more now that you have all of your pictures downloaded. Your pictures are great. Mia is so cute. I hope you are having a good time in Virginia. It is good to hear from you again on your blog. I have missed reading it. Love and Prayers Always, Kathy Jordan