Videos! Scroll to see more...

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

to do list for '09

Okay so I know it's well past January 1st, but I've been doing some thinking. I made a list of things that I want to do in 2009. I don't know that I'd call these things my "resolutions" though... just things that I really want to do. Here goes:

1) put more effort into really connecting with old friends
2) bake more
3) blog more
4) start collecting something
5) spend more QUALITY time with Jesus
6) read through the gospels at least 5 more times, wrestling with the text and APPLYING it.
7) put myself out there more; meet new people
8) listen to some new bands
9) start to learn a new language
10) spend more quality time with family
11) travel
12) watch less tv
13) read more
14) do at least two random acts of kindness every day
15) every day, tell someone that i love them
16) be more encouraging
17) get to bed earlier
18) go through my closet and get rid of everything I haven't worn in the past month
19) live with less
20) bless others more
21) be more consistent... especially with intercession
22) grow my hair out then donate it (always wanted to do that, never have)
23) spend less money
24) experience at least one other culture
25) get another tattoo
26) return to Africa
27) try different foods
28) worry less about what people think
29) keep it simple
30) take more pictures
31) watch more sunsets and sunrises
32) laugh more
33) try to see the beauty in everything
34) watch the news/ read the newspaper more
35) serve people
36) talk less- do more
37) volunteer more
38) close my mouth and open my ears and heart
39) be a shoulder to cry on
40) love more... completely uninhibited
41) get more sleep
42) hug someone every day (other than Mia)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great list of things to do in 2009 Very inspiring. You are an awesome young lady.

Kathy :-)