Videos! Scroll to see more...

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This is me...

So I thought it would be a good idea to tell you more about who I am and what I love. That's what this post is about....


I did my DTS with YWAM Orlando in September 2007. In December 2007, I went on an outreach to South Africa. I fell in love... with Africa and couldn't leave. I ended up staying a year. I just got home last month (December 2008). During the year that I was in South Africa, I did a 6 month Bible School (SBS) with YWAM Jeffrey's Bay, South Africa. After my SBS, I headed east to Durban and staffed the September 2008 DTS at YWAM Durban, South Africa. Most of my posts up until this point have been of my adventures and revelations in South Africa. At the moment I'm desperately seeking God for my next step. I have tons of crazy, exciting ideas but I'm really praying for clarity. My heart is broken for Africa. Missions is a huge part of my life.




Music is my true love. Something about hearing the perfect song at the perfect time... plus God really speaks to me through music. It is one of the things that I don't think I could live without.






I'm desperate to make a difference in the 10/40 window. I know that for the rest of my life I will be a missionary. What exactly that looks like though, I have no idea. God has put a true burden on my heart for the people in the 10/40 window... a burden that started over a year ago. For a while, I was trying to convince myself that the 10/40 window plan was completely insane. I had plenty of great reasons why that would be craziness, but in the past 2 months, this yearning in my heart has been growing stronger daily. I cannot deny it anymore. *There are over 3.6 billion unreached people in the world today. Of those 3.6 billion people, 88% live in or near the 10/40 window. It is estimated that only 4% of foreign missionaries today are working to reach these unreached people.*






I love people. I love people from all different backgrounds. I love hearing stories about people's journey's in life. I love people who're open and honest. I love people who have issues and are honest about them. I have ridiculous amounts of respect for Christians who can say: "Yes! I have struggles. I am not perfect. I do not have it all together." I just love genuine people. And isn't that what the world is after? More people who can just be real?












I'm a single mom. Being a mother is nothing short of amazing. It's also more challenging than I ever thought it would be. My daughter's name is Mia and she'll be turning 3 in February. She's the love of my life and I completely adore her. I cannot imagine my life without her nor would I want to.















I love the outdoors. I love sitting out on a dock and watching the sunset over the lake. Or maybe even better, I love watching the sunrise at 4:30 am with a great friend and a warm blanket. I love camping down at the river and laughing with old friends in front of a fire. I love summer time and being able to take a drive into the mountains and hike and check out some amazing waterfalls. I love the beach in Jeffrey's Bay-some of my best memories are of the breezy, 72 degree weather days when Christina and I would grab a sheet, a book and a bottle of grapetizer (it's a South African thing ;)) and lay out at the beach for hours on end.














Other randoms joys: {Chocolate-although I've gotten spoiled on Cadbury and now it's pretty much the only chocolate I like} {FRIENDS} {REAL coffee... not nescafe instant crap} {Meeting new people, especially other missionaries} {Laughing hysterically} {FAMILY} {Late night girl talk (every night for 7 months) with Christina} {reading} {Silliness} {Meeting people who inspire me by living radically for Jesus} {TRAVELING!!} { Rad times of worship and intercession} {Driving with the windows down} {Boiled Peanuts} {Movies}


1 comment:

Somer said...

I loved reading your "About Me" post today!! Thanks for being so honest and so real! Keep me updated on what's up in your life. Love you girl!